Tuesday, May 19, 2009
One might think.
I have planted our little garden and done much yard work. We had a frost last night. Probably the latest frost I have seen in the thirty years I have lived in these mountains. Won't know what we lost until this afternoon when I get home. I have large, five gallon buckets over the most vulnerable plants, and since I leave for work before the sun cracks open the horizon, knowing will have to wait.
Anyway, I don't have a post. The last several weeks, even before the internet loss episode, I have struggled to have something to say here. I have been thinking about much, but there is nothing to make public from this period of reflection.
Monday, May 18, 2009
- replaced a faulty phone jack
- replaced bad phone wiring
- replaced the entire box on the outside of the house that receives incoming phone wiring
- spent hours on the phone either on hold or receiving tech instructions from the old internet provider (good-bye AT&T, nothing personal)
- acquired a new internet provider (took a week before the technician could visit the house)
- moved our computer and all supporting devices to a different room to employ cable service
Our daughter's lap top works fine including receiving an internet signal. Our computer works but will not connect to the internet.
Our next step will be to buy a new computer. We are not planning on doing that soon, since the state has reduced my pay for the next two months.
There is a reason for this season, also!! Sometimes we identify the time of instruction before we understand the instruction to be gained.